Thursday 2 February 2017

The Good , the Bad and the Ugly

So, I guess my plan for this blog is to document my travels as a parent. The good, the bad and the ugly! And yes there will be plenty of ugly!!!!

There is way too much pretending about our little angels and how wonderful they are. Well my little Tarquin sprouts rainbows. Yeah, my kids too, usually after they’ve just eaten what seems like the entire contents of the craft cupboard. Of course he sprouts rainbows, usually glitter covered rainbows. Right before bed time. Just after his bath. So we have to put him back in the bath to de-glitter, and usually his little brother too, as he did just throw up all that glitter onto said little brothers head. Oh the joys.

The reality of it is we are on first name basis with the lady at the bottle shop.

I wanna be that voice of reality. Hey your kids look happy, well fed and no one’s killed anyone…. you’re doing a great job!

I do loads of craft with my kids…. mostly because it keeps me sane. You know how they do craft in mental institutions? Well it’s kind of like that. I want to share some of that with you too. And show you that you don’t have to have a lot of time, space and money to really enjoy being with your kids and to do educational things with them without them even realising they are learning! You don’t have to be a Mensa member to help your kids reach their full potential. And more importantly, even if you're not great at it, your kids will think it's the best god dam fairy they've ever seem...even if you were trying to make a frog.

No comments:

Post a Comment